Our requirements for Tech Support Executives (TSE)
We have openings for Tech Support Executives who will work in the installation and commissioning of our system integration and LAN/WAN projects, and also provide first-level technical support for existing clients.
Our mandatory requirements for this position are:
- A graduate degree from any recognized college or institute, or a 3-year technical diploma
- Fluency in spoken and written English --- you should be able to write emails correctly and explain the solutions of problems to clients
- At least one year work experience providing tech support to end-users for their PCs and servers
- Some familiarity with Linux server installation and configuration, in any of the popular Linux flavours, e.g.Red Hat, SuSE, Novell, etc.
- Experience working at client site and handling clients
- Ability and experience for travelling outside Mumbai for outstation assignments
Additional desirable attributes:
- CCNA or CNE certification
- Red Hat Certified Engineer certificate
- Experience on modern Windows servers including Win2k3, Active Directory setup, roaming profiles, networking setup
Our recruitment process for TSE involves one test followed by an interview. More details about our test are given below.
The selection process
All applicants will have to go through one written test, which will last 60 minutes. The test will contain ten multiple-choice questions.
If you perform well in the test, you will be asked to appear for an interview, lasting 30-60 minutes. If selected by the interview panel, you will be offered a position with us.
You must apply online for a time slot for your test. When you do so, you will receive an automatic system-generated response by email, confirming your time slot. This email should reach your mailbox within 30 minutes of your applying online, if you have typed in your correct email address.
Please note that there is a big difference between applying online for a test and taking a test online. We have no mechanism to let you take any of our tests online, nor is such a facility planned in the foreseeable future. Please do not keep writing emails to us asking how you can take the test online. You cannot.
Unless otherwise specified, you will have to come to our office to take the test(s). We are not conducting any tests anywhere other than in our office in Bombay. Note down the address given below: that will be the address where the test will be conducted. Please do not keep writing emails to us asking us the venue of the test. We do not have any plans of conducting these tests in Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad or any other city. If we do, this Website will carry details.
You can also call our office and fix a time slot for your test, in case you have exhausted all means to apply online and have still not succeeded. Call (Bombay)3298 2705, 3298 2706 or 2757 9406, and ask for Pushpa Singh, our recruitment coordinator. The information you will have to specify when you ask for a slot include:
- Which position you wish to apply for
- Your full name as per official records
- Your date of birth as per official records
- Number of years of industry experience
- When you wish to appear for the test
The test will be conducted at our office at
Vindhya Commercial Premises is located within five minutes walking distance from the CBD Belapur railway station, near Centre Point Restaurant, and in the same row of buildings as the UTI Bank. Both of these are well known landmarks in the area.
Vindhya Commercial Premises Office No. 711 Plot 1, Sector 11 Near UTI Building CBD Belapur East Navi Mumbai
Please do not send us your resume till we ask for it. We do not look at resumes or keep them in our files unless you successfully qualify in our test. Bring a printed copy of your resume with you when you come for our interview.
Please do not ask our recruitment coordinator any questions about the tests and what they will contain. She is not qualified or equipped to answer any such questions.
We will notify all qualifying candidates of their test results by email within a maximum of 3 working days after they take the test. We will call shortlisted candidates for an interview to our office in Belapur. This interview will last between 30 and 60 minutes. Selected candidates will be issued an Offer of Employment immediately.
[ Guiding Philosophy ] [ Services ] [ Strengths ] [ Clients ]
[ People ] [ Join Us ] [ Contact Us ]